2008-10-10

Taskbar Shuffle problem?

I downloaded Taskbar Shuffle 2.5. Main reason why I chose that over some other programs is that it supports Windows 2000. But after running it on an Windows XP machine I could se that Taskbar Shuffle used VERY much memory, 110MB. I wonder how it can be. On my Vista machine I have not seen this behavior at all. Normally stay around 2,5MB. I might have read the numbers in Process Explorer wrong on the XP machine. But I do not think so.

On the Windows XP machine I installed Taskix to see how that works. OK, it does not have all features. But it seems to stay at only using 1MB of memory. More like what I would expect a small utility like this.

xNeat also makes a program to shuffle the taskbar which looks nice. As do their clipboard program. But this is not freeware.

Update(2008-10-11): after monitoring Taskbar Shuffle on my vista machine I get the feeling I look wrong on the XP machine. So I guess I need to have a look again on the XP machine. But the XP machine was using very much memory and TS looked very big.

Update(2008-10-16): now I have been able do try Taskbar Shuffle on XP again. And it directly start using 110MB of memory. And it is REAL memory. I will use Taskix on XP for now.

No comments: