2008-10-05

Rearrange the taskbar

This is one feature I have been waiting for MicroSoft to put into Windows for a long time. I just do not understand why it is not there. Especially now when tabs are so popular and all software use them and can rearrange the tabs. I have not used GUI that much in Linux. But now I have at least one desktop running Gnome 2.22 on Linux. And there it work great with moving the applications on the panel. And it probably have for a long time.

I have not really look for how to write my own program that do this. Or looked hard on the internet if somebody else have done it. But the other day when I read lifehacker I ran into this. It was linked to by some other entry. It mentions a program called Taskbar Shuffle. It looked like an active project so I downloaded and tried. It works fine, both in Windows 2000 and Vista.

I also search little bit on the internet. And found another program named Taskix. I have not tired it. It say it only support Windows XP or later. Taskbar Shuffle can move icons in the system tray, I see nothing about that in Taskix.

No comments: