2008-10-18

Patch 5 not only happy days

One thing we noticed with patch 5, looks like a user thing, is that if you have a selection field that is NULL and you make a push in an active link to another selection field, it will not set the other field to NULL but to 0(zero). It is not there in patch 4. BMC has accepted it as a bug, I think.

Another thing is that a AR System 7.1 patch 4 server installed on windows 2003 server had no problem to start on boot-up of windows when TCD-Specific-Port is set. But on an exactly same windows 2003 server system with AR System 7.1 patch 5 it can not bind to the port. It does not matter which one I choose, all ports I tried is over 10000. If you not specify TCD-Specific-Port it just works fine.

AR System 7.1 is still not as stable as you would like. I have not run so many tests on 7.5 yet. So I do not know if it is better, but I hope.

2 comments:

Boywing said...

Did you find any new problems with patch 5? Did you find any workarounds to the problems you found?

Smernaz said...

Do not use Usertool p5 because there is no workarounds for that problem.

I am currently trying very hard to get a windows 2003 server resource to do changes to the boot up. Because now we see that it has stopped working an all our 7.1 versions after a patch on the windows server. So it does not have to be a ARSystem problem.