2009-01-18

Whats the difference between this W2K3 and that W2K3?

I have not really had time to do any tests on AR System 7.1 patch 6 yet. But I did an installation on a Windows 2003 server system. And what I noted was that it installed AR System Portmapper. On the systems I have at a customer where there is a problem at boot up AR System Portmapper is not installed. I wonder what on those systems choose not to install AR System Portmapper but it is done on my test system. I have to get some time to install patch 6 at the customer. And look at the installation logs.

What else, I have seen problems both in e-mail engine and consuming web services regarding UTF-8 encoding. The data from the database is unicode and everything should be configured and handled as UTF-8. But when I use HTML or XML templates in e-mail engine or when I send data in a web service the data is encoded two times. I still have not verified this on any other setup then at the customer. I need time to write something to prove it to BMC.

No comments: