2009-01-22

AR System 7.5 is out in the open

I guess you already know that 7.5 of BMC Remedy AR System has been released. I have nothing really to report about 7.5 yet. I had the beta installed to do some testing. But I never really got the time. Boywing have written some info about 7.5 in his blog.

Now I need to spend time to see what is changed in the API. Have to update all software I develop to handle 7.5. I guess the first thing, and probably the thing needing the least update, will be php-arapi. It is basicly only data which most of the time never change in the upgrade. php-arapi also need some cleaning of the project to make it build out of the box on as many systems as possible. And also the web/documentation of php-arapi need to be updated.

I can also mention that my previous blog about the difference of two W2K3 installations makeing AR System behave different actually turned to be some extra software installed by the customer that I was not aware of. So anoying. It has cost me a lot of time.

No comments: