2008-09-12

This is a really nice UMPC device

jkkmobile blog did a good review of the Kohjinsha SX3 UMPC. There are many things about this UMPC I like. Maybe should be little bit less of all the ports and things and instead do the 1.6GHz Intel Atom, and NOT run Vista. Being able to turn the screen so you can use it as tablet is good. If there just could be some good software to use it for taking notes I would be very happy. Organizing and searching among my own notes when on meetings, and making new notes with text and drawings. Just like paper but better organized.

Also I would like to see how linux would do on this UMPC. I do not know where linux dists are when it comes to touch screen and handwriting. I would really like to have an UMPC same size as Kohjinsha SX3 and at least 1280x768 in resolution, runing some linux dist. And be really fast and have long battery time.

Read more: UMPCportal, engadget, gizmodo

2 comments:

Boywing said...

Maybe this computer is something similar? It will maybe come with Linux pre-installed.

Smernaz said...

Yes, similar. But I do not see so many positive things about the Gigabyte on the internet.

The one with high resolution have not good screen and very high battery consumption.