2009-07-22

New web and new release for php-arapi

Finally some activity on php-arapi. The web has been rewritten. More information about how to compile, and how to use. But it is still quite thin. Hope more will come soon.

Code update include better support to compile for arapi 6.3/7.0/7.1. But RTL, which is used to access arapi, still miss some features wanted in 7.1. It does not handle the new selection field in 7.1. By not handle I mean it can not translate between value in database and the text seen by the user in the application.

I've supplied some patch to RTL, but the project seem dead. No activity. And there is more code needed in RTL to handle arapi 7.1 and 7.5. I guess the feature for php-arapi is to rewrite without use of RTL.

The new binaries you can download is for arapi 7.1 and php 5.2.x, at least up to 5.2.10. php 5.3.x is not supported at the moment. It might very well compile and work fine. But there are some changes in 5.3.x related to extensions. And I guess I should look into what need/should be changed in php-arapi before I say php-arapi support php 5.3.x.

No comments: